- Set your metronome for a comfortable tempo (not too fast or slow)
- Turn it on so it starts to click.
- When you feel that you have locked on the beat, clap in time to the metronome .
- f you are exactly in time with the metronome, the clicking of the metronome will seem to vanish. If you are off the beat even slightly, you will hear the click of metronome.
- I like to count off claps to see how long I can go before I get off time.
- If you lose the beat (if you can hear the metronome clicking) stop and try to sync up again.
Try this exercise at different tempos too.